Wednesday 23 January 2013

On A Phone Camera!


How good can a camera on a phone be?

I took the following picture of fungus in a wood on Bodmin Moor, in the rain, on an overcast day, using a phone camera/flash:



It might not look that remarkable, but it was taken with my Nokia 808 Pure View phone, with a resolution of 38 Megapixels. A bigger version can be found here, although even this has not got the detail of the original.

However, lets look at some detail crops:



Personally, I think it is amazing to be able to take such photos from a phone. I bought the 808 as a camera. However, as a phone I believe the Symbian operating system, and the phone functionality are a match for any phone.

1 comment:

  1. counter visiters Fascinating information I haven’t been experienced such information in quite a long time.

    ReplyDelete